Phone: +30 214 4054780
Ilias K. Mikrouleas (Dr. jur)
Ilias focuses on the field of public procurement, administrative and public law, commercial and corporate law as well as civil litigation. For over twenty years he has been advising major commercial companies operating in many sectors, such as construction, facility management, security services, technology, pharma, management of large projects and energy, while he has also been providing day-to-day legal support in almost all their activities and particularly in matters of all kinds of negotiations, transactions, and contracts.
Handled transactions include, inter alia, representation of a foreign private equity fund in numerous litigation cases regarding the development of a real estate property previously owned by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund S.A., representation of many Greek and foreign entities in acquisitions and sales of Greek companies, representation of a state-owned company in a legal dispute regarding the construction of a major motorway, representation of various consulting and construction companies in negotiating agreements and in dispute resolution procedures including litigation before the Greek courts, day-to-day legal support of pharmaceutical, IT, facility management and consulting companies in all aspects of their operation, representation of a foreign company in the aquaculture industry in the acquisition of a Greek company and representation of numerous foreign and domestic legal entities in their participation in public tenders, including the filing of objections and legal recourses and representation before the Greek administrative courts.
Before becoming a partner of Kerameus & Partners, he has worked in a prominent law firm in Athens, in a large group of construction companies and since 2010 he was a founding partner of the law office Papagiannakis, Mikrouleas & Associates. He has also served as special counsel at the Secretariat General of Government and has extensive experience in law drafting procedures and the functions of public administration.
LL.B. in Law, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Ph.D. in Constitutional and Administrative Law, Ludwig-Maximillian’s University, Law School Munich, Germany
Athens Bar Association
Memberships, Publications & Insights
Ilias is a member of:
- the board of directors of the Public Law Association,
- the Central Codification Committee (KEK),
and he has previously been a member of:
- the Central Legislation Committee (KENE)
- the register of instructors of the National School of Public Administration in matters of Administrative Law and Better Regulation.
He regularly publishes in his fields of expertise. He is also a speaker at national conferences.
- Human Resources Mobility in the Public Sector in: Vassilis Tzemos, Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection (ASEP) and Human Resources Law in the Public Sector. Human Resources Mobility in the Public Sector in: Vassilis Tzemos, Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection (ASEP) and Human Resources Law in the Public Sector, Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2023
- Temporary preferred bidder – Termination of the public contract as ultimum refugium – Participation Bond, Theory and Practice of Administrative Law, Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2022
- The legal protection at the stage that precedes the conclusion of public contracts in the light of the changes brought about by law 4782/2021, Applications of Public Law, Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2021 (in Greek language).
- The Codification of Legislation from the perspective of the Executive State, Public Law Association, Public Law: Recovering Lost Ground, 7th Scientific Conference, 2020 (in Greek language).
- Failure to comply with the obligations of article 18 par. 2 of Law 4412/2016 as a reason for exclusion from participation in public procurement procedures Applications of Public Law, Nomiki Viviliothiki, 2019 (in Greek language).
- Acts of Legislative Content and Democratic Governance (in Greek language), in: Makridimitris, Prevedourou, Detsaridis, Pravita: Reorganization of the Administration and the State in the era following the “Memorandum”, State Printing Agency, 2016 (in Greek language).
- Article 74 of the Hellenic Constitution and the “interna corporis” of the Parliament, in: Vassilis Tzemos, Maria – Iliana Pravita (editors): Constitutional Reform Sakkoulas Publications, Athens – Thessaloniki, 2015 (in Greek language).
- Broadcasting and Broadcasters: State Council Ruling 1901/2014 (Plenary) Media and Communication Law (ΔΙΜΕΕ), Nomiki Vivliothiki 2014 (in Greek language).
- Awarding Licenses to telecommunication enterprises. Limitations of the legislative from the European Law and the national Constitutional order, Journal for Public and Administrative Law (ΕΔΔΔ), 2001 (in Greek language).
- Freiheit des Rundfunks und Ordnungsfreiheit des Gesetzgebers in Deutschland und Griechenland im Rechtsvergleich, im Lichte des EG-Rechts, Peter Lang Verlag, 1999 (in German language).
Indicative presentations in conferences:
The judicial review of the terms of public tender announcements, Public Law Association Conference, Larissa, 1/4/2023.
- Unforeseen events during the execution of the public contract: Commitment of the contractor from his offer, contractual conditions, permissible modifications and protection of the contracting parties, Public Law Association Conference, Chania 26/4/2022.
- Preferred bidder – Disqualification of the preferred bidder as ultimum refugium – Participation Bonds, Nomiki Vivliothiki, First Panhellenic Conference on Public Contracts, Athens, 15/12/2021.
- Conditions for relying on the capacities of third parties in public tenders, in accordance with Article 78 of Law 4412/2016, Public Law Association Conference, Athens 19/5/2021.
- The Codification of Legislation from the perspective of the Executive State, Public Law Association Conference, 2020.
- Media Concentration, Licensing of TV Broadcasters and Democracy, University of Cyprus, Nicosia 2018.